Notice of Annual General Meeting
Tuesday 19 October 2021, 6.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Notice is hereby given that this year’s Annual General Meeting of the British Society of Echocardiography (the “Company”) will be held at the Royal Society of Medicine, London and virtually on Tuesday 19th October 2021 to transact the business set out below.
To receive the draft accounts of the Company for the financial year ended 31 March 2021 together with the report of the directors.
2 Other business
To transact any other business appropriate to be considered at an Annual General Meeting, including:
- Apologies for absence;
- To receive and approve the minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting;
- Notification of deaths;
- Honorary Secretary’s Report, including the election of new Council members and membership summary;
- Honorary Treasurer’s Report;
- Appointment of the Company’s bankers and independent financial examiner;
That the Company re-appoints NatWest, Bank of Scotland and Chase de Vere as the Company's bankers.
That the Company re-appoints Caroline Sharpe as the Company's independent financial examiner.
- Members are asked to consider and vote on the following special resolution. The draft Articles of Association to be considered and if thought appropriate adopted are set out on this page;
That the Articles of Association in the form attached to this resolution are adopted as the new Articles of Association of the Company in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the existing Articles of Association.
- Company activities, including answers to questions raised in advance on the published reports from the following committees;
- Accreditation report
- Communication report
- Clinical Standards report
- Education report
- President’s address; and
- any other business, including matters arising from the 2020 Annual General Meeting minutes and not dealt with elsewhere or any matters raised by members and not covered elsewhere in the Agenda.
To ensure an accurate reply, any questions to be raised during the meeting, including questions to the published reports, must be notified to [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to the Annual General Meeting.
By order of the board
Dr Claire Colebourn
President, British Society of Echocardiography
Unit 204, The Print Rooms, 164-180 Union Street, London, SE1 0LH
Note to the Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Company
A member may appoint a proxy to vote at the Annual General Meeting on their behalf. Please see the details on the left hand side.
2020 Annual General Meeting minutes