Pre-registration for autumn 2020 opening Wednesday 10 June and closing on Monday 13 July
- All candidates need to pre-register to express their interest in sitting the written exam. Please ensure you have read through the relevant accreditation pack and that all membership payments are up-to-date before pre-registering.
- You will be asked to enter the location of where you would like to sit the written exam. Please enter at least two preferred cities or towns. Find the Pearson VUE test centres that are closest to you.
- Any special requirements must be applied for in writing and approved by the BSE Chair of Accreditation. Find out more about test accommodations.
- Once pre-registration is complete we will transfer your information to Pearson VUE to confirm your eligibility to sit the exam.
- Successfully pre-registered candidates will be contacted by Pearson VUE by email with further instructions on completing registration, including payment of fees.
- Link for pre-registration will go live here from 10 June.
The examination fee is £250, which covers the written exam, online logbook portal and practical assessment.
The resit fee is £125. Resits must be taken within 12 months of the first sitting.
What to expect in the written exam
You can find full details of the assessment process, including more information on the theory and imaging sections of the written exam, in the relevant accreditation pack.
Each candidate will have their own monitor and will be able to replay videos during the examination. Full instructions will be provided on the day of the exam.
Find out more about what to expect in a Pearson VUE test centre.
Results will be released 4-5 weeks after the exam. Results are uploaded to member profiles.