Pre-registration for autumn 2020 opened Wednesday 10 June and closed on Monday 13 July
- All pre-registered candidates are expected to keep BSE membership payments up to date.
- Any special requirements must be applied for in writing and approved by the BSE Chair of Accreditation. Find out more about test accommodations.
- Once pre-registration is complete we will transfer your information to Pearson VUE to confirm your eligibility to sit the exam.
- Successfully pre-registered candidates will be contacted by Pearson VUE by email (during end of July) with further instructions on completing registration, including payment of fees.
- Please click here for more information on Pearson VUE requirements and process for exam bookings.
The examination fee is £250, which covers the written exam, online logbook portal and practical assessment. The fee will be paid through Pearson Vue during the booking time-frame (usually 2-3 months before the exam).
The resit fee is £125. Resits must be taken within 12 months of the first sitting.
What to expect in the written exam
You can find full details of the assessment process, including more information on the theory and imaging sections of the written exam, in the relevant accreditation pack.
Each candidate will have their own monitor and will be able to replay videos during the examination. Full instructions will be provided on the day of the exam.
Find out more about what to expect in a Pearson VUE test centre.
Results will be released 4-5 weeks after the exam. Results are uploaded to member profiles.